Providing lunch for employees every day may not be a feasible option; however, keeping snacks on hand throughout the office can be a great method to improve both employee performance and ROI for your business. While fast and low-cost snacks may appear to be the obvious go to when choosing food for the office, it is important to provide healthy snacks that will keep energy levels and productivity up. Consider these tasty, low cost snacks that will keep your employees going throughout the day and help boost your bottom line:
- Raw carrots. When you’re craving something crunchy, raw carrots are the perfect snack. In addition to filling the afternoon stomach void, raw carrots are packed with nutrients and don’t cause a spike in blood sugar, which simultaneously prevents sugar crashes and helps retain focus on the job.
- Dark chocolate. Surprised? In moderation, dark chocolate can be a great snack! Dark chocolate is known to protect against memory loss and boost blood flow and nutrients to the brain. Remember, though: moderation is key. Instead of whole bars, offer employees miniature bars or small morsels in individual packages.
- Green tea. Although coffee provides an excellent kick of caffeine, especially when the day is just beginning, it can also leave you feeling low and sluggish once the initial jolt of energy wears off. Green tea provides a more sustained stream of energy and is attributed to reducing stress and anxiety, resulting in more productivity with less of a caffeine crash.
- String cheese. Believe it or not, this childhood favorite snack can actually help keep your employees alert throughout the duration of the work day! String cheese is full of calcium and protein with a relatively low amount of calories per stick.
- Berries and other fruit. Many berries are associated with boosting learning capacity, protecting the brain against stress, and improving coordination. Plus, they are easy to keep in bulk and provide a handful as a snack for a mid-day boost.
Even if your budget does not allow room for daily company lunches, small healthy snacks are an excellent low-cost method to keep employees happy and productive throughout the day while also greatly benefiting your bottom line! B. Loehr Staffing prides itself on being Missouri’s number one staffing solution, from finding top candidates in Saint Louis to providing helpful business tips and resources. For more information on improving employee performance, contact Missouri’s best hiring firm at B. Loehr Staffing today! If you are looking for employment agencies in St Louis MO, contact us today.